On 5/13 - 5/15, Quarry Lane Speech/Debate competed virtually at University of Kentucky’s Middle School Tournament of Champions (Lexington, KY). This is one of the two national championships we attend at the middle school level. 831 competitors representing 82 schools from 22 states attended. Of this, 27 Quarry Lane students participated in 3 Speech/Debate events, and received the following awards.
- Karen Chang (8th) & Aayush Gandhi (8th) - 2nd place out of 44 entries (top 5%).
- Aayush Gandhi (8th) - 6th speaker out of 85 entries (top 7%).
- Karen Chang (8th) - 15th speaker out of 85 entries (top 18%).
MS Public Forum
- Irene Fu (7th) & Karen Huang (8th) - 33rd (T) place out of 212 entries (top 16%).
MS Dramatic Interpretation
- Leila Natochy (7th) - 6th place out of 19 entries (top 32%).
MS Humorous Interpretation
- Charvi Saxena (8th) - 12th place out of 20 entries (top 60%).
MS Impromptu Speaking
- Charvi Saxena (8th) - 18th place out of 44 entries (top 41%).